ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Civil Engineering branch started in the year 2010 with the inception of the institution, presently headed by Prof. Trambak B. Dhavale with experienced and qualified staff members. It is considered as one of the most globally accepted premier branches of Engineering. Due to impact of development in Technology, it has diversified into sub branches like Geo-Technical Engg to Structural Engg., Water Resource Engg. Environmental Engg. Concrete Technology, Geographical Information system (GIS).
OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- The objective of the department is to expose the budding Civil Engineers with IT platforms to various diversified field in their chosen discipline.
- To create academic excellence by imbibing state of the art technology.
- To generate new knowledge base through high end technology.
- To produce graduates to surge ahead to face futuristic and realistic challenges
- To stimulate "Research Attitude" among the students and the staff so that they could be innovators and inventers of tomorrow.
- To develop research collaborations with leading institutions/ laboratories and work together towards betterment of the society.
SHORT RANGE GOALS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To become a school of excellence in civil Engineering faculty.
- To enhance interaction with Industries to undertake Consultancy.
- Facilitate Research and development activities.
- To set up Entrepreneurship development cell.
LABORATORIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Concrete Technology Lab
- Transportation Engineering Lab
- Surveying Lab
- Geo-technical Lab
- Engineering Geology Lab
- Environmental Engg. Lab
- Strength of Material Lab