ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Mechanical Engineering Department started in the year 2010 with the inception of the institution, presently headed by Prof. Yogesh D. Joshi with experienced and qualified staff members. Mechanical engineering is one of the most popular and biggest branches of engineering of this institution. The department believes and practices the "Philosophy that involves everyone in an organization in a continual effort to improve quality and achieve the goal of Vision-2020”
OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To create academic excellence by imbibing state of the art technology.
- To generate new knowledge base through high end technology.
- To produce graduates to surge ahead to face futuristic and realistic challenges
- To stimulate curiosity among the students and make them to understand the importance of mechanical engineering.
- To stimulate "Research Attitude" among the students and the staff so that they could be innovators and inventers of tomorrow.
- To develop research collaborations with leading institutions/ laboratories and work together towards betterment of the society.
SHORT RANGE GOALS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To become a school of excellence in Mechanical Engineering faculty.
- Strengthen Industry - Institution - Interaction.
- To enhance interaction with Industries to undertake Consultancy.
- Facilitate Research and development activities.
- Start PG programs in the emerging field of Mechanical Engineering like CAD/CAM, Mechatronics and Nano- Materials.
- To set up Entrepreneurship development cell.
LABORATORIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Thermal Engg.Lab
- Mechanical Measurement and Metrology Lab
- Theory of Machines Lab
- Heat Transfer Lab
- I. C. Engines Lab
- Refregiration and Air Conditioning Lab
- Metallurgy Lab
- Automatic Control System Lab
- CAD/CAM Lab
- FM & HM Lab